Sea freight Vietnam – Belgium: rate, transit time
Belgium is the biggest trade partner of Vietnam in EU. Vietnam exports a lot of goods to Belgium: seafood, coffee, handbags, purses, suitcases, hats, umbrellas, textiles, footwear,… Moreover, Belgium is also an important transshipment gateway for Vietnamese goods to other markets in Europe. And if your company is involved in flow of goods from Vietnam to Belgium or EU, you must improve your performance in logistics.
As leading forwarding company in Vietnam, TTL logistics provide transport by sea freight from Vietnam to Belgium and from Belgium to Vietnam:
– Seaports in Vietnam: Haiphong, Danang, Cat Lai (HCM), Cat Lai
– Seaports in Belgium: Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent, …
Main seaports in Vietnam
Sea freight is the most frequently chosen method of transport between Vietnam and the Belgium. Vietnam have much advantage in ocean freight with a coastline of 3,260 km. For oversea shipment, their departure are almost from these below main ports:
1. Haiphong seaport (VNHPH)
Hai Phong port is the port with the largest throughput of goods in the North of Vietnam, has a modern equipment system and an adequate and safe infrastructure, suitable for the mode of transport and international trade.
2. Cat Lai seaport (VNHCM)
Cat Lai Port is always the number one choice of customers in freight forwarding in the Southern provinces of Vietnam. This port provides Cargo handling services, Logistics services, maritime services, rescue, rescue, pilotage, real estate, office buildings, civil engineering
3. Danang seaport (VNDAD)
Located in Da Nang Bay with an area of 100 km2 and convenient transportation system, Da Nang Port is now an important stage in the logistics service chain of Central Vietnam. Da Nang port was also selected as the final point of the East-West economic corridor, connecting four countries Myanmar, Thailand, Laos and Vietnam, as the main gateway to the East Sea for the entire region.
4. Cai Mep seaport (VNCMT)
Cai Mep port is a very convenient transshipment point for goods traded between Vietnam and countries around the world, especially the main import-export markets of Vietnam, the Americas, Europe and Asia … has a negative depth of 14 meters; the harbor area is negative 16.8 meters; The ship’s rotation area is 600 meters wide, very suitable for serving super ships up to 160,000 DWT (equivalent to 14,000 Teus).
Ocean Freight from Vietnam to Belgium
Transit time for the routes from Vietnam ports to Belgium is about 20-25 days. Sometimes, due to congestion at port and rail station, this time may be more than 30 days.
1. Full Container Loaded (FCL): Container shipping rates from Vietnam to Antwerp, Belgium
– Dry containers: Including 20 DC and 40 DC containers, used to transport common goods
– Bulk containers: applicable to dry bulk cargoes. Usually these items are transported by charter shipping. But for small quantity can use this type of container
– Refrigerated containers: including 20 RF and 40 RF containers. Usually used for goods that require freezing or cold storage. Refrigerated container structure is the same as dry container, but with an additional chiller to maintain the temperature
– Open Top Container: Designed to facilitate the transportation of long products
– Flat rack: Container flat rack is designed to transport goods such as machinery, equipment, iron and steel, …
– Container ISO tank: Used to transport liquid goods such as alcohol, water, chemicals, liquid food, etc.
2. Less Container Loaded (LCL) to Antwerp, Belgium
For LCL, we will collect the goods of many different shippers into one container to organize transportation. Goods will normally be transported from the CFS warehouse to the CFS (Container Freight Station) warehouse.
Certificate of Origin from Vietnam to Belgium
Besides to REX systems, EVFTA (European Union-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement) will make trade flows increase undoubtedly. Right after the FTA came in force, 65% of customs duties have already been eliminated on EU exports to Vietnam and 71% of customs duties have been eliminated in the other way. And 99% of duties lines will disappear in 10 years.
However, to gain the advantage from the FTA, the rule of origin must be complied. For the cargo exported from Vietnam to Belgium and other Europe countries must provide Certificate of Origin to the authorities. This docs is Certificate of Origin EUR.1, issued by Ministry of industry and trade of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.